Training Proposal for Spas
Below is an example of what a training may look like for your spa. We design each training individually to meet your particular needs. Please inquire to learn more about what we can create together.
Session One: 4 hours
Introduction to Ayurveda:
- Define Ayurveda, its basic principles, philosophy, and healing modalities.
- 5 Element Theory of Ayurveda
- Three Doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha - How these forces in the body affect us on a physical and emotional level.
- Vata (ether and air) – Taxed - Principle of movement
- Pitta (fire and water) – Inflamed - Principle of heat, digestion, metabolism and transformation
- Kapha (water and earth) – Sluggish - Principle of lubrication and structure
- Energetics (hot, cold, wet, dry)
- Constitutional Intake Forms – Work in pairs to determine both you and your partner’s general constitution.
Break – 15-30 minutes
- Strengthening skills to assess client’s general constitution
- Therapeutic lifestyle practices/suggestions and specific spa treatments recommended to balance Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Product and herbal tea recommendations for clients.
- Understanding specific therapeutic touch; speed and depth, needed to balance each individual dosha.
- Case studies – Working with individuals (each other) in front of the room, using group response to determine appropriate constitution, lifestyle suggestions, treatment recommendation and aromatherapy application.
Session Two: 5 hours
Overview of Abhyanga, Marmas and oils; Abhyanga practicum:
- Philosophies of abhyanga and Ayurvedic bodywork
- Marma Therapy – Theory and treatment technique for specific pressure points on hands, head, face, feet and full body.
- The use of specific base oils and herbalized Ayurvedic oils.
- Aromatherapy – Using an Ayurvedic approach. Customizing a sensory journey for Vata, Pitta and Kapha clients.
Break -- 15-30 minutes
- Giving and receiving abhyanga on the front side of the body.
Session Three: 3 hours
- Giving and receiving abhyanga on the back side of the body.
Session Four: 5 hours
- Evaluation and feedback: giving full body abhyanga to Kael and Sarah.
Break -- 15-30 minutes
- Demonstration and practice of 2-therapist abhyanga.
- Questions and review.
Class 1 for massage therapists, estheticians, support staff, retail experts and stylists: More focus on the use of assessment in order to recommend specific spa treatment, lifestyle practices and aromatherapy.
Classes 2 - 4 for Spa Therapists: Focus on understanding and practicing abhyanga, Ayurvedic touch, and marma therapy specific to each dosha.
All of your staff members are welcome to attend!